Electrolysis System CHLORINSITU® V Plus
Capacity 100 – 3,500 g of ultra-pure active chlorine per hour
Generation of active chlorine in combination with a sodium hypochlorite solution using the vacuum process with the electrolysis system CHLORINSITU® V Plus. Chlorination and pH value adjustment from a single system.
From cooking salt chlorine, hydrogen and sodium hydroxide are made. Directly on site.
Electrolysis systems of type CHLORINSITU® V Plus generate ultra-pure active chlorine combined with a sodium hypochlorite solution in a vacuum process. A saturated solution of sodium chloride is produced in a salt dissolving tank, included in the scope of delivery, and this solution is then electrolysed in a diaphragm cell. Chloride-free sodium hydroxide and hydrogen are produced in the cathode chamber, while ultra-pure active chlorine and diluted residual brine are produced in the anode chamber, separated by the diaphragm from the cathode chamber. The resulting ultra-pure active chlorine is further processed in two ways. Firstly, it is suctioned off through an injector (included in the scope of delivery) and fully dissolved as hypochlorous acid in the water being treated (through a bypass). The superchlorinated water is then distributed throughout the various pools via one or more proportionately controllable motor driven ball valves. The vacuum is kept stable by a single frequency-controlled booster pump. This permits significant savings in terms of energy. If the complete production output is not needed, excess active chlorine can also be combined with the sodium hydroxide produced and then temporarily stored as sodium hypochlorite. Consequently, the system does not have to be dimensioned according to the maximum active chlorine demand but can be aligned to the average daily demand. Peaks in demand are met by the additional metering of sodium hypochlorite from the temporary storage, which, as with hypochlorous acid, is fed through a central injector system.
The chloride-free sodium hydroxide is stored temporarily and can be used for pH value correction. First the base pH (pH 6.8 – 7) of the superchlorinated water is corrected by a standard diaphragm metering pump or through the addition of sodium hypochlorite. Fine correction of the pH value is achieved by additional alkali metering pumps for each circuit or point of injection. These are connected directly to the system's control through an external pH value controller. The hydrogen produced is diluted with fresh air through an ATEX 95-approved fan and discharged safely. The diluted residual brine is fully discarded. To this end, the diluted brine is strongly diluted with softened water, neutralised by the addition of sodium hydroxide and disposed of in the sewer. Any residual chloride and chlorate are thus disposed of and are not mixed with the process water. Electrolysis systems of type Chlorinsitu® V Plus can thus be compared with pure chlorine gas in terms of their oxidation strength and chloride / chlorate content in the process water. The salt-dissolving water comes from a softener integrated in the system, thereby preventing the formation of lime deposits and ensuring the long service life of the diaphragm cell. The efficiency of the electrolysis is constantly monitored by various flow meters, the addition of water depending on the sodium hydroxide production and the base pH correction.
- Chlorination and pH adjustment with a single system
- Exceedingly low chloride and chlorate content
- Reservoir of sodium hypochlorite solution to cover peak demand
- Production and metering of ultra-pure hypochlorous acid combined with sodium hypochlorite production
- Excellent service life of the diaphragm cells, thanks to constant vacuum
- Maximum operating safety due to their design as negative pressure systems
Field of application:
- Potable water
- Waste water
- Process water
- Swimming pool water
- Cooling tower
- Modern PLC with large illuminated display
- Integrated Remote Control Engineer for remote diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Chlorine metering and pH value correction controlled via contact inputs
- Simultaneous production and metering of ultra-pure hypochlorous acid and sodium-calcium hypochlorite (optional)
- Analogue input (optional)
- MOD bus or PROFIBUS® (optional)
- Several points of injection (optional)
- Multiple booster pumps (optional) can be used for different water qualities (e.g. brine and freshwater pools)